[aroid-l] Cultivars of Dracunculus vulgaris

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Cultivars of Dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: James Waddick jwaddick@kc.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:21:57 -0500

Dear Jim

With the possible exception of the hairy-spathed form Dracunculus vulgaris
is without much doubt one variable species - if you find that hard to
swallow.

Dear Pete;
No problem. I doubt this "taxonomy" myself. Just passing along info in quotes. I am quite aware of natural variation patterns -sometime quite extremes. But it does seem like there's enough variety that someone could do some selecting and introduce cultivars doesn't it?
Wilbert's D. vulgaris 'White Dragon,
Alan's 'Harlequin Dragon',
Your 'Hairy Dragon' etc. on a roll.

Best Jim