[aroid-l] Philo pests

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Philo pests
  • From: Rosalind <rozgold@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:48:47 -0700

Hi friends!

I'm a bit of a lurker on this list, because my aroid collection is quite
small.  However, I've been having a real problem lately with some kind
of pest on one of my hybrid Philodendrons.  I've attached a picture of
an affected leaf.  It's interesting - I have a few self-heading hybrids,
and only the ones with these dark leaves seem to be affected by this
pest. My first thought was that its some kind of thrips damage - I'd
welcome any advice.

thanks!

-Roz, in Southern California