[aroid-l] Amorph Blues

Posted this a couple of days ago, but it didnt appear to get posted, so here it is again.....
...apologies if you got it already.

Ok, after recieving two Amorphs from Wilberts yearly distribution, i've been eagerly awaiting a bud to appear.
Every couple of weeks, ive been gently brushing aside the soil to see if anythings happening.
Now, the A. Declinatus was only a very tiny corm less than 1cm across, and started to make a pointy little bud shape not long after i recieved it, (maybe a couple of weeks) and then stopped. Ok, was still firm, and a good colour - up until today that is, when i decided to check again as all of my other Amorphs are now either well into bud or nearly in full leaf.

So i brushed the soil aside, found the corm, still same size (obviously!) still with the tiny bud shape on top, but to my dismay, was squishy when held.
So i broke it in half and what was inside? One of these little buggers.
http://www.ng23.abelgratis.co.uk/bug/damn_bug.jpg
It was (past tense intended!) about 5mm long.

Does anyone recognise what it may be? Is it contagious? Should I spray the soil of my other amorphs with insecticide?

Fortunately the A konkanensis i also recieved is now starting to bud, but the Declinatus was, of the 2, the one I realy wanted. Isnt that always the way.

ANY help apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Neil

On the plus side, the Titanum seeds have started to gernimate!