Re: [aroid-l] Rice hulls as planting media?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Rice hulls as planting media?
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:33:57 -0400

Buckwheat hulls are the best top mulch for containers. Nice looking,
effective, no fungus. Finding them is tough sometimes since they are
used to stuff toys, pillows, etc.

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

>>> juviegas@brturbo.com 07/13/04 10:11AM >>>
We used the carbonized rice hulls in micropropagated african violets,
very good results. See annex, the abstract of our article.