Re: [aroid-l] Philodendron and Anthurium queries

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Philodendron and Anthurium queries
  • From: "Ron Gagliardo" <rgagliardo@atlantabotanicalgarden.org>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:55:41 -0400

hi Jonathan,
Both of those plants you mentioned on the list were from ABG I believe. I need to check but think that the P. aurantifolium was collected by Dick Mansell I believe and the id confirmed by Tom on a previous visit. It gets no larger than you saw it there, at least for us after many years of growth.
On the Anthurium.... did it look like a Tissue culture plug?  If so, it's likely from Agristarts IV, something they are calling hookeri (I think) "marie."  If not, it may be something else from our collection here, as we have given them tons of material in the recent past. Hope that helps.