Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium hookeri seeds

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium hookeri seeds
  • From: dscherberich <dscherberich@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:10:29 +0200

Dear Wayne,

The plant pictured is not Anthurium hookeri which produces white bluish
berries. Another easy way to distinguish true Anthurium hookeri is to
observe some dark glandular punctuation on the back side of the leaves.
The spadix is usually erect and with a typical glaucous violet color. I
also find the color of the leaves is usually paler green than in other
"bird's-nest" species ...

With best regards,

Wayne Dupont a *crit :
> I have some Anthurium hookeri berries/seeds that I can send for shipping
> cost. These are complements of Jerry Seymore. If anyone is interested
> please email me at wdupont@houston.rr.com. Here is a link to a photo of
> the seeds and the plant.
> http://www.gingergarden.com/images/aroids/hookerii.jpg
> Regards,