Re: [aroid-l] Woodchuck problem

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Woodchuck problem
  • From: "plantsman" <plantsman@prodigy.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:42:23 -0400

You describe my situation very much.  I live right in the middle of a good
sized subdivision fronting a very busy highway and there's plenty of wild
land around us.  We have deer, turkey, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks,
opossums, skunks, foxes and who knows what else that's regularly seen and/or
encountered in our yards.  Thirty-five years ago when I first moved here as
a kid, the only wild animals around here were the occasional rabbit, opossum
and skunk and that was before the subdivision grew and it was mostly empty
fields and woodlands around us.  Groundhogs are definitely opportunists.

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (Zone 6a)