Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum
  • From: James Waddick <jwaddick@kc.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:51:44 -0500

Looks like this week

The direct link is http://www.atlantabotanicalgarden.org/events_and_exhibits/details/corpse_flower.htm

I visited the garden last Tuesday and the unopened inflorescence was close to the picture for July 22. There is a sign next to the plant about how stinky it will be when it opens. It was odd to see people read the sign and then say they could smell it already, "just a little". I detected no scent, but the power of the sign was evident. Atalanta was experiencing some cooler weather so I suspect opening might have been delayed some. Maybe this week?

Best Jim W.

Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.
Kansas City Missouri 64152-2711