Re: [aroid-l] Amorph Blues Part 2

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorph Blues Part 2
  • From: "Susan Cooper" <coops@execpc.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:08:42 -0400

> All plants, including Amorphs, need to be hardened off gradually when
> taken from inside to outside - no matter whether it's to get them
> used to a change in temperature or not.

To my dismay, I found you can also get leaf scorch through bright light-
 over one winter, I had some varigated Clivias in the basement.  When
it got warm, I brought them outside and put them into a small opaque
plastic greenhouse.  They got badly scorched, even thought they weren't
in the direct sun!
I agree with Marge, move the plant into dappled shade.  Wait for the
next leaf.  At least Amorphs don't take several years to recover....