Re: [aroid-l] In defense of philodendrons

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] In defense of philodendrons
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:07:15 +0000

>From: Rosalind Gold <rozgold@pacbell.net>
>To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
>Subject: [aroid-l] In defense of philodendrons
>Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:31:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Roz,

It is NOT Tsuh Yang who thinks that Philo`s, etc. are unworthy aroids, but our great, omnipotent " Lord Phallus", Wilbert Hetterschied, it is he who is deeply involved w/ the Amorphophallus group and their allies, all monophyllums.   All of this is done tongue-in-cheek, all in a good spirit of great fun, I THINK Wilbert can appreciate a beautiful Anthurium or Philodendron as well as his stinkey plants (though he would be VERY loath to admit to it!)