Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Sauromatum guttatum culture

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Sauromatum guttatum culture
  • From: Kyle Baker kylefletcherbaker@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:23:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- Susan Cox <snalice@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> >S. venosum (formerly S guttatum and now typhonium
> venosum)<
All I know is that the nursery that I work for sold it
as Sauramatum guttatum...so am trying to figure out
the dormancy and growing schedule to get it to bloom
again..yes they stink when in flower but then I'm into
the bizarre and unusual which is why I saved two
plants from the compost heap!!

I'm in Maine and have to overwinter them indoors and
let them go dormant during the winter at 45* and on
the dry side..then bring them outside during late
spring -summer to get them to grow again..
am feeding them with osmocote to get them going
initially watered them with a 4-12-8 fetrilizer and
they all but jumped out of their pots

Th'x for your post I can't comment on recent changes
in nomenclature due to the fact that it changes
daily...

kfb - maine