Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium seeds

Thanks, Julius, I will try that.

Dear Tom,

When the fruit are ripe/mature thay will begin falling off the spadix. Clean the outer covering off the seeds (the seeds pulp out when the ripe fruit is squeezed between finger and thumb) wash-rinse the seeds off in water in a fine strainer, sow the seed in chopped wet sphagnum in a large zip-loc bag kept in a warm, bright area out of any direct sun. When the seedlings are large enough transplant to small pots w/ a suitable loose, well draining mix.

Good Growing

Julius

My anthurium gracile has some nice red berries on it. I would appreciate any recommendations on when to pick them and any seed growing culture tips.

Thanks,
Tom Vincze
__