Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids: "Equal Opportunity" obsession?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids: "Equal Opportunity" obsession?
  • From: a san juan kalim1998@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

Ok...the reason i ask is that in Palms at least, there
are many more men than women in the meetings and
societies (and forums). Someone suggested it was
because Palms signify to guys "freedom", and "tropical
beaches with scantily-clad women", etc, etc...i'm sure
these plants signify "tropical beaches" to women too
though ;-)

My feeling is that guys tend to be less interested in
"flowers" and more interested in (as some people put
it here) the "architecture" of plants - how they look
overall, with a tendency away from frilly and bushy
plants towards straighter, larger specimens.

Personally, i've always had a tendency to like
large-leaved tropical plants with strong stems, rather
than the flowers on plants (although orchids do
attract once in awhile)....