Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids: "Equal Opportunity" obsession?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids: "Equal Opportunity" obsession?
  • From: a san juan kalim1998@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

Obviously, we are not talking absolutes here, but
generalities...much like a curve describes a natural
population, there will always be the exceptions. It's
like a guy whose Toyota goes bad then makes the
implication that Toyotas are bad in general, even
though to get a more accurate picture one needs to
look at a much larger population of Toyotas.

I am also a member of several aggregations, and there
are areas which are tilted definitely towards one
gender - hymenopterans such as ants for example
attract vastly more men than women, even thought there
are some very good women researchers and enthusiasts.

Anyways, I was just curious, since this came up in
another group....

--- Hermine Stover <hermine@endangeredspecies.com>