Re: [Aroid-l] Rare Meconostigma Philo gets bid of $280

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Rare Meconostigma Philo gets bid of $280
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein ecuador@midsouth.rr.com
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:13:35 -0500

Sorry to be so late to answer this email. My email has been down. This most likely is a Greg Humboli(? spelling), from Indonesia,  hybrid that was sold in Miami at the Tropical Fern and Exotic Plant Society show and sale last June and believe me, it sold for much less than this. Sometimes it pays to go to shows and get stuff first hand. Richard Button had it for sale at the show. I feel certain Mr. Button could give you more information about the plant. I believe he is listed in the IAS roster.

Betsy

a san juan wrote:
This interesting hybrid has gotten a bid of more than
$280!

"EXTREMELY RARE HYBRID PHILODENDRON SELLOUM X
WILLIAMSII"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7701279041&category=25463&rd=1

I asked why "Indonesia" when there are no native
Philos in that land, and the guy says it's from some
great hybridizer over there...

Btw, isn't this the same seller who was really
controversial a year or two back ;-)