Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema question

At 01:35 PM 7/22/2006, you wrote:
Hi Leslie, my first impression was that it looked like 'Stripes', a commercial hybrid on the market in the last number of years.  But after comparing mine, 'Stripe' is just green and a silvery-gray, and doesn't have the intermediate 3rd color your plant exhibits.  I wouldn't doubt, though, that this is one of the many, many commercial hybrids produced in hybridizing programs such as Dr Frank Brown's in Valkaria FL, that have improved size, color and growing qualities in Aglaonemas for growing in home and office.
What else can you tell us about this pretty Aglaonema?  Where did you obtain it?  What color are the petioles... light or dark green, white or mottled?  The leaf blade looks quite large...how long are the leaves, and how wide?
Russ Hammer

it sure is GORGEOUS and inspired me to go on aglaonema safari STAT.

and the photo was so well done.

Aroid-l mailing list