[Aroid-l] A. titanum corm and misc.

Hello Fellow Aroiders!
    I was working on our Amorphophallus collection in the greenhouse at my
school, and tipped out a batch of dormant plants to clean and repot the
corms. One was our younger A. titanum which went dormant recently. It was a
very pleasant surprise to tip out a 15 gallon pot and find a remarkably
large corm within. This plant was a seedling that I bought at a University
of California plant sale just a few years ago, and now it weighs 14 pounds!
I repotted it into a 25 gallon tub filled with the same well-drained, loamy
soil mix that it came out of, and I am looking forward to the new leaf. The
corm was already pushing out roots - it was only dormant for a couple of
weeks! - so I wanted to get it right back into some soil.
    If you would like to see a photo of our baby titanum corm, you can click
to my Flickr page at:

    I also had a nice A. lewallei bloom, with pics there as well. We have a
larger titanum in the greenhouse, but it is still clinging to its old,
withered leaf, and I have not dug it out yet. Can't wait to see it!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Citrus Heights, California

Aroid-L mailing list