Origins of Philodendron x evansii

  • Subject: Origins of Philodendron x evansii
  • From: a san juan <kalim1998@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:43:33 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi all,

I am reorganizing the meconostigma site so it has more articles (in english similar to the leafcutter ant site i maintain, because my malay is not deep enough to write very well in that language), and am hoping to put together a post in the meconostigma site about the origins of P. x evansii.

Here's pics of that plant:
http://www.blueboard.com/pahatan/gambar/p_x_evansii_1.htm

Here is what I know, please correct me if i am wrong...

This hybrid is from P. speciosum and P. bipinnatifidum.

It was "discovered" or "created" by Bill Evans, one of the major historical figures in Disney history.

I have heard rumors that this plant has become native in certain areas, which i doubt, but you never know.

 If anyone has anything top add, please chirp in, I'd appreciate it. Thanks...