Re: Mosterar deliciosa

  • Subject: Re: Mosterar deliciosa
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:12:03 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jason,

I took a quick look at the cover of the first Aroidiana online and did not see Monstera deliciosa...so perhaps the caption is correct...but I am not familiar with Monstera acuminata, so unless I can check the description and herbarium sheet of a vouchered specimen..I could not verify this species. I would trust Michael Madison...Monstera acuminata K.Koch is an accepted name according to Kew. Monstera acuminata is very beautiful as I look at the photo. I'll check if we grow it here in Hawaii somewhere. The table of contents mentions an aroid profile of Monstera deliciosa, so perhaps this is where that memory popped in. I do not believe there is chaos in this case.