Re: Monstera deliciosa pollinators

  • Subject: Re: Monstera deliciosa pollinators
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 19:04:22 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Michael,

Aloha.

Great observation.  I have never had seeds in my Monstera fruit...but,I do not eat them on a regular basis and do not check them for seed.  Do we know of any botanists or enthusiasts in Mexico to tell us if there are many seeds in natural populations of Monstera deliciosa?  I would suspect that seed grown plants would have a range of variations...I have only seen cultivated plants so this I could not comment on.  Interesting tangent...thanks for bringing it up.

Aloha,

Leland