Monstera deliciosa pollinators-Thanks Mike

  • Subject: Monstera deliciosa pollinators-Thanks Mike
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:47:20 +0000

________________________________
> From: mickpascall@hotmail.com
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:10:06 +1000
> Subject: [Aroid-l] Monstera deliciosa pollinators

Dear Michael,

Great, GREAT idea!   This is one which I had not thought of or considered (at least not up to this point)!   AND--it makes perfect sense!   It would take an Aussie, half way around the world and "down under", to come up with what may just be THE perfect soloution to this ''tangent"!
Think about it--when beetles are present (no matter if in Australia OR the plants natural habitat), pollination takes place resulting in a fruit full of seeds.  If man collects cuttings in the wild and takes them to his village or home, surely these beetles are rarer or absent in a village or town, so the plant, now in cultivation, produces fruit with few or no seed, making it a very desirable item on the menue of ancient OR modern man!  Thanks Mike!
Leyland`s idea of compiling this invaluable information in one place or on one page ''somewhere'' is a great one!  I just am unable to do it with this antique computer.   Steve Lucas is certainly welcome to incorporate all or some of it into his site!

Julius