Colocasia forms

  • Subject: Colocasia forms
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:58:26 -0400

I have been growing and working with a lot of Colocasias and I have a
few plants that have shown to bend or break personal rules that I have
used to ID Colocasias from other aroids. Here is a link to a great site
for finding unusual plant photos.  The following photo is from a lady in
Hawaii who grew out a taro plant. I am not sure if this form is common
or if she just happened to pick a unusual form. The leaves are cut all
the way to the stems. This is a feature I would most likely see on a
Xanthosoma not Colocasia their are more photos of this plant shown in
her photo slide.  I have not seen this on any other Colocasia and found
it extremely odd.  I know IDing plants from foliage is not pure science
but it usually gives me a idea of what the plant is and I can usually
get a good ID or at least place the plant in the right section.

Here is the link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristintachibana/1047516027/