Re: My Story: How I Became a Meconostigma Nut

  • Subject: Re: My Story: How I Became a Meconostigma Nut
  • From: "derek burch" <dburch23@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:32:13 -0400

Curious and interesting, if somewhat puzzling with its tantalizing gaps on ‘why meconostigma?’. I big drop downward from canopy to the ground snakes that I know in the group, that can only stand up about head height to a basketball player.

 But the big question: who is this Dr. James French, and why is he not writing for Aroideana if he is eminent in the aroid community? This is an editor’s viewpoint, I suppose, so just put it down to a post-prandial dyspepsia and ignore the question. Perhaps more to the point, why isn’t everybody, or anybody, writing for us either in the Newsletter or in Aroideana. These are THE places beyond the web (and less ephemeral than a website) to communicate with aroiders.