Re: Colocasia forms

  • Subject: Re: Colocasia forms
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:31:15 -0400

Thank you for the information. I have one form of Ele Ele but it has no deep sinus cut in the leaves. This is a interesting behavior that I have not seen in any other Colocasias.

brian lee wrote:
Dear Brian,

Aloha.

This is a member of the Piko or belly button group of Hawaiian taro.  Just from a quick look at the photo, it looks like Piko kea.  Piko ele ele is similar with the sinus cut to the petiole attachment, but the petioles are lavendar blackish in color.

Aloha,

Leland