Re: Philodendrun ID please

  • Subject: Re: Philodendrun ID please
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:13:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Christopher,

Aloha.

This is Philodendron pedatum...as it matures further, the blades will morph further...and the form is affected by light levels. Philodendron pedatum is in the subgenus, Philodendron.  Take a look at Steve Lucas' website on this species.

It would also be instructive to compare the leaf blades of this species superficially, with Philodendron squamiferum...but notice that the petioles of Philodendron squamiferum are covered with colored hairs.

Aloha,

Leland