Re: image sizes (was Philodendrun ID please)

  • Subject: Re: image sizes (was Philodendrun ID please)
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:14:56 -0500 (CDT)

For those running Windows (XP or later), who don't have access to any
other image resizer, I'll mention that Microsoft provides a free image
resizer in their "Powertoys", available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

So convenient and functional that although we have other image software
available, we usually wind up using this to resize images for mailing, web
pages, etc.

It provides a right-click resize option for one to many images (whatever
is selected), with several standard options for the final image size, plus
custom sizes, does not overwrite the original image (unless you force it
to do so), and does a very acceptable job of compression. The "large"
option usually produces images in the 40-90K range, depending as usual
more on the complexity of the image rather than its original size.

Steve