Re: Unknown Pinellia

  • Subject: Re: Unknown Pinellia
  • From: Victor Soukup <soukupvg@email.uc.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:16:43 -0400

Hi,
         It looks like Pinellia tripartita.  Wilbert's mention that it
looks like the purple form helps with this man's ID.  The leaves are
somewhat narrower but I have had plants show this condition here. It
conceivably might be a hybrid with ternata.  WeDu at one time offered a
pedatisecta with one or the other tenata or tripartita so these things do
occur.

Vic
Victor G. Soukup
University of Cincinnati