Julius and the List

All Aroiders:

I wanted to thank Steve Lucas for breaking the news about Julius. I
thought he stated the facts very well and the topic has probably
induced many worried feelings among the readers of this space.

I think it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that everyone
familiar with his personality and big heart is hoping that some good
news will be forthcoming soon.

At the same time I hope peoples' apprehensions will not inhibit the
traffic on this list or detract from the workings of the International
Aroid Society. The last thing Julius would want would be that his
condition would put a chill on any postings seeking IDs or culturing
information about aroids. I am sure that everyone reading this cares
about their plants. Well, so does Julius; and no one has been as
tireless in promoting this happy field than he has.

So keep the postings coming. In particular, I hope someone will
respond to my previous note about sun scald, and describe the cause of
this curious phenomenon. The work of discovery serves to cheer one up
in the face of life's troubles.

Ted Held