Amorphophallus paeoniifolius

  • Subject: Amorphophallus paeoniifolius
  • From: Mark Pajak <markpajak@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 22:08:06 +0100

I recently received an apple sized corm of Amorphophallus paeoniifolius through the post however it had begun to unfurl already and the shoots rotted off after planting. The bulb is growing roots but I am not sure what it is planning on doing now - will it bother to do another shoot this season? I have scraped all the rotten tussue away and have left the bulb planted, but I keep uprooting it to check for shoots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am becoming extrordinarily fascinated for these plants - my growing blog is here

Mark Pajak

Beyond Hotmail - see what else you can do with Windows Live. Find out more.