Re: (no subject)

Thanks Tom.  I was moved by both your and Ted's posts.

Julius quite literally insisted we all remember him with joy and not with sorrow.  I am certain Tricia would want the same so let's all plan to make the IAS meeting in September one of the most joyful we can possibly make this year's event.

Because I spent so much time trading phone calls, email and info with Julius I know for certain one of his major goals was to have members of Aroid l join the IAS.  One of the first notes I ever responded to on Aroid l was just such a request he had just made for everyone to join.  Once again, let me ask all of you that are not members to go to the IAS website and look to the left of the page to join in honor of Tricia and Julius.  Right now!

After that, make your reservation for September 18 and 19 to be with us at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Miami for this year's show.  I can guarantee it will be a special event.  I will forever miss that jovial and boisterous Trinidadian voice.

Julius with me at Fairchild, 2009                 Julius on the phone with Leland Miyano  2009

Julius with Tom Croat at Fairchild, 2009

All photos by Ted Knight

Jules, we will all miss you this year and next year and all the years after that but we know you are with us!

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com