Re: Amorphophallus impressus question

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus impressus question
  • From: Hannon <othonna@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:38:34 -0700

A. impressus is perfectly glabrous (hairless) in my experience, like
most species. It will have markings not dissimilar to yours in the
juvenile state and sometimes at the base of the petiole but usually
the mature petiole is entirely light green. It resembles A.
mossambicensis vegetatively.

It helps to know the origin of one's plants- where is this from? Mine
is from "coastal Tanzania" and was collected by Ernst Specks.

Dylan Hannon