Re: Amorphophallus impressus question

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus impressus question
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:51:08 +0200

Hi Guys,

I have seen a few very young leaves of impressus with hairs. It is a
juvenile aspect that is very erratically spread over a few east African
species and then within these species. Even the red spots may be nothing
more than a juvenile character and disappear with age. That doesn't rule out
that the plants are not really impressus but that will only become apparent
when they flower.......