Re: Amorphophallus impressus question

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus impressus question
  • From: "Alan Galloway" <alan_galloway@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:22:54 -0400

Maarten,

I believe the species you have is Am. maximus, not Am. impressus.

You can compare photos of some of my plants at:

Alan

Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:22 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus impressus question

I have recently aquired an Amorphophallus impressus tuber with offsets. It produced a petiole with small hairs on it (see link), which I have not seen with any other species of Amorphophallus that I have in culture. I have looked in the literature to see if this is normal for A.impressus, but could not find any information on this. Can anybody tell me if this is normal? Thanks!

Maarten van Dinther