Re: A. konjac late emerging

  • Subject: Re: A. konjac late emerging
  • From: Christopher Rogers <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:00:27 -0500

Hiyer!

Yeah, they will pull that on you from time to time.

Happy days,
Christopher

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi, All,

Is it normal for an Amorphophallus konjac, over-wintered for the first time in
the ground, to emerge this late (mid July)?  I had been watching for it for
months and had finally given up on ever seeing that one again.  Then, lo and
behold, it broke dormancy and is 4" tall after just 2 days.  However, now that I
think about it, almost everything in my garden is late this year.

Sheldon Hatheway
Canby OR - zone 7B (or thereabout)

--
D. Christopher Rogers

Associate Editor, Journal of Crustacean Biology

Vice President, Southwest Association of Freshwater Invertebrate Taxonomists SAFIT.ORG