Amophophallus titanum at the Houston Museum of Natural Science

  • Subject: Amophophallus titanum at the Houston Museum of Natural Science
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:01:14 -0500

Nancy Greig at the Houston Museum of Natural Science told me earlier today the pheromone of their A. titanum was not yet at the maximum intensity. I have been watching this on and off much of the day and just noticed a "stink-o-meter" on the wall to the right side of the inflorescence. Be sure and take a look! She also said some were actually complaining it didn't smell bad enough yet.

http://www.hmnsmedia.org/CorpseFlower/

My guess is tonight the show will much more "intense".

Congratulations Nancy!  Great show.

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com

begin:vcard