Re: Are these seeds? Anthurium scandens

  • Subject: Re: Are these seeds? Anthurium scandens
  • From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:22:46 -0500

Known as seeds…….

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Marek Argent
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:46 PM
To: discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] Are these seeds? Anthurium scandens

My Anthurium scandens var. latifolium blooms all the time and produces self-pollinated fruits.

I always thought that they were empty inside until I checked yesterday.

In each of them I found something small sticking to the inner fruit wall, one per each fruit.

Are they parietal seeds? If yes are they mature? The scale is in mm.

They are also visible in the inflorescence photo.

Marek Argent

Aroid-L mailing list