Re: Aroideana mailing soon

  • Subject: Re: Aroideana mailing soon
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:01:03 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Vincent,

I don't know either - when I saw your note, I started looking around, but
don't have any answers yet. I was wondering why there was no activity on
the list, too, and was about to send a test note just to see if I was
receiving notifications properly when a real post arrived.

But since the server on which Aroid-L runs took a couple of hard power
drops before being moved to a new circuit (turns out it was sharing with
the A/C system, not a good plan in a record-heat summer), there were
opportunities both for things to be lost and for problems that we didn't
realize were happening to be corrected by a reboot. I depend on the
listserver notifying me when a post arrives, and I have seen an error
before where that didn't happen. But that was always a pretty rare
scenario and I haven't seen it since the last software upgrade.

If you know about when you sent your posts, let me know privately and
if the MTA logs are still around I'll take a look.

Steve