Unknown132 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 08:33:47 -0500
From: Eduardo <eggon@guarany.cpd.unb.br>
To: aroid-owner@mobot.org
Subject: Unknown132

This message was submitted by Eduardo <eggon@guarany.cpd.unb.br> to list
aroid-l@mobot.org. If you forward it back to the list, it will be distribut=
ed
without the paragraphs above the dashed line. You may edit the Subject: lin=
and the text of the message before forwarding it back.

If you edit the messages you receive into a digest, you will need to remove
these paragraphs and the dashed line before mailing the result to the list.
Finally, if you need more information from the author of this message, you
should be able to do so by simply replying to this note.

----------------------- Message requiring your approval -------------------=
---
Sender: Eduardo <eggon@guarany.cpd.unb.br>

Hi fellows,

I=B4d like to try the ID of the unknown aroid No.132, from Steve Marak. In
my opinion, it=B4s a Xanthosoma violaceum Schott from Central America.
It=B4s cultivated all over the (third) word because its tubers and leaves
are edible. In Brazil, we call it `Inhame-roxo` and it is widely used
for ornamental purposes here in Brasilia. By the way, they must be
blooming right now here.=20

I hope it helps,

Eduardo.