Re: Zantedeschia (Z. 'Hercules')

At 07:58 PM 7/13/97 -0500, James W. Waddick wrote:
>>At 05:27 PM 7/12/97 -0500, James W. Waddick wrote:
>>>Dear Sean -et al;
>>>	Western Hills is one of the great nursery treasures. (that's a PERIOD).
>>>	BUT they don't ship, alas and I don't get there often enough.
>>>	How can I get a small pot of this wild sounding Zantedeschia
>>>'Hercules' that get's to 7 ft! I think I need it. I'd think the small 3"
>>>pot would be easy to ship if you're willing to take orders -  count me in.
>>>	Let me know and the check's in the mail
>>>	best 	Jim  W.
>>See Western Hills before death. i got Hedera helix congesta there which I
>>had wanted for 37 years. Nobody doesnt find it a thrill! it is like Roehrs
>>used to be only outdoors and on another coast.
>Dear Poodle Fastener;
>	Since you are right down the road, couldn't you pick up a dozen and
>send 'em to aroiders in need?
>	Let me know		Jim W.
>James W. Waddick          		Voice: 816 746 1949
>8871 NW Brostrom Rd                  	E-MAIL:
>Kansas City MO 64152 		Fax: 816 746 1939
>Zone 5/6 -
>Winter low  -10=B0F
>Summer high +100=B0F
>Five hundred  miles north of here. i could force a longtime customer to go
on a shopping trip maybe. do you all know what what you want?
And don't you feel sorry for me? five hundred miles and it might as well be
the moon. oh, i forgot to mention the place is gorgeous and they trea you
like royalty and are modest. i think the prices are absurdly low. and they
always have unmentioned tufts of achingly beautiful australian wild
grasses... If i could nail Mike Kartuz and get his butt into a station
wagon or equal, maybe with rick from natures curiosity shop, mebbe we could
mount an expedition. i have been brooding over this because i dont get many
new plants for ME!!! MEE!!! the nursery is a separate entity, i still
collect for MEEEEEE! I am gonna work on this.

i am so nostalgic about Roehrs i could kill myself. there was a ruffled