Re: konjac and sunlight

Konjac Growers:

	Growing Amorphophallus konjac in full sun is just like growing hostas in
full sun.  The leaves will scorch a bit, but the tubers will be quite a bit
larger than a comparable plant grown in the shade.  Hosta growers that want
the largest size plant grow them in full sun fields where the foliage burns
to a crisp, and then sell them dormant when there is no foliage.

	As Greg mentioned, we saw large fields of A. konjac in Dali, China, where
they are trying to grow large tuber...not ornamental foliage.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road