Re: Southern toad in potted Xanthosoma sagittifolium 'malanga'

Judy,

I have to evict at least one toad from potted plants each season.  They
like the soft soil and cool dampness and think pots of plants are set about
just for their enjoyment.  Although toads have limited facial expressions,
they know how to register disgust when evicted from the same pot for the
6th time :-)

Toads, like frogs, lay eggs in water, which hatch into tadpoles who (if
toads) move on to dry land once they mature.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@clark.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
current article:  Planting Under Trees - Part 3
http://www.suite101.com/frontpage/frontpage.cfm?topicID=222
Gardening Topic Index for Suite101:
http://www.suite101.com/userfiles/79/gardening.html