humic acid supplements

My tree service folks were here this past week.  They asked if I wanted a
humic acid supplement applied to some of my tropicals.  I declined after I
looked at the ingredients.  The ingredients included (and I'm doing this
from memory) Vitamin B1 & B6 and "Essential Amino Acids".  There were also
some trace elements.

It seemed a bit bogus to me.  As for the Vitamins, I thought plants made
them, not needed them.  As for the Amino Acids, they're "Essential" for
humans in that we can't synthesize them and so must obtain them from our
diets.  I wasn't aware there were plants that can't synthesize them but
require them.

Am I correct in assuming that what this offered therefore was the humic
acid (for whatever that's worth), trace elements plus a nitrogen source in
the amino acids and the vitamins?

Thanks,
        Les