Re: humic acid supplements

  • To: lindsey@mallorn.com
  • Subject: Re: humic acid supplements
  • From: "Guerin, Chelsea MI USA zone 5b NARGS Great Lakes"@cissus.mobot.org
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:41:18 -0500 (CDT)

The first 'humic acid' supplement that was marketed in a big way to tree
service professionals was/is a product named ROOTS, which was developed
at some level (maybe by some grad students, I really don't know) at the
Yale School of Forestry.  Many other companies have followed suit. Most
of the products that I am aware of are derived from kelp. It's quite
concentrated. I expect they may be of some benefit to the overall
microflora and microfauna (there is -- or least should be -- some
complexity to the soil ecosystem, certainly mycorrhizal fungi have been
found to be essential).  The products may or may not include nitrogen
Guerin Wilkinson
Chelsea Michigan USA