Re: Sauromatum venosum

This is just an idea, maybe someone else can confirm
or refute it; but I would suspect that the Sauromatum,
being subtropical in origin, will likely retain its
foliage throughout the summer, whereas the Arisaema
(here I'm thinking of the native Arisaema), grows up
in the spring and is often dormant by mid-to late
summer.  If the small plants seem to go dormant in two
distinct groups, one later than the other, this might
be a way to tell them apart.

Do You Yahoo!?