Re: looking for Raphidophora celatocaulis

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: looking for Raphidophora celatocaulis
  • From: Jack Honeycutt <jhoneycutt@uswest.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 23:17:42 -0500 (CDT)

At 07:16 PM 6/10/2000 -0500, you wrote:

Regarding my message concerning possible Raphidophora 'shingle plants' I
>have now put my website online and you can see pics of my two possible
>Rhaphidophoras which I would dearly love to know the names of (as would the
>Free University Botanic Gardens in Amsterdam).

>http://members.aol.com/Geoffaroid/GeoffsWeb.html.

Geoffrey...

Re the two pictures on your web site....

The first Raphidophora (the one on the left with the white veins) looks
just like
the Raphidophora sp I photographed at Fairchild Gardens in Florida.
Fairchild did not key this out to species.  It was the best guess of a
gentleman at The Glasshouse Works (http://www.rareplants.com) who, after my
description, felt
that it was R. celatocaulis.

I will try to post my snap shots on line next weekend and you can see for
your self,  but with just a cursory examination of your pictures and mine,
I would say they are the same thing.

Perhaps someone can refer me to a monograph of Raphidophora?  I am new to
Aroids and don't have any good reference material yet.

jack in Portland Oregon