Re: Raphidophora vs. Monstera - or maybe neither?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Raphidophora vs. Monstera - or maybe neither?
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <p.boyce@rbgkew.org.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:37:17 -0500 (CDT)

Jonathan

This is fascinating - I assuemt that while not fitting a genus in the
Monstereae that the inflorescences are right for the family? Does
anyone have a pic of this thing is flower?

Clearly if this this is doing as described AND is an aroid then it
ain't M. dubia BUT in my defence that plant we have here at Kew,
that matches the Amsterdam and Geoggrey's plant, is a perfect
match for the juvenile stage of M. dubia preerved on the type
specimen of that name.

This is VERY interesting.

Pete

Peter Boyce