Re: Identification request from Kaichen Nursery

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Identification request from Kaichen Nursery
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:38:24 -0500 (CDT)

Double spathes have been noted on several Arisaema here. They usually
occur when the plant reaches maximum size and maturity just before
throwing off many pups and disintegrating. I remember seeing them on
A. triphyllum, A. dracontium, and possibly on A. tortuosum but I can't
remember the other species.

I suspect the double spathe has nothing to do with the species ID of
Chen Yi's plants.

Ray
GRSJr@Juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!