Re: Identification request from Kaichen Nursery

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Identification request from Kaichen Nursery
  • From: "Bonaventure W Magrys" <magrysbo@shu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:04:42 -0500 (CDT)

Might be a simple single genetic mutation.
Bonaventure Magrys

Dear Aroiders,

following an e-mail from Chen Yi, China.

Maybe someone has an idea what this plant might be (at least to
which genus it might belong to) ?
I don't have any clue (well, I know the description is "kind of" vague
and VERY detailed ...)

Ýrn Malkmus

There are some new species of Arisaema just found on my fieldwork,
among them, there is a very peculiar species, its spathe is double.
This is to say, there are TWO spathes together on one plant.

It grows in damp places beside ditches at 2900 metres above sea
level, on where did not found any other Arisaema species mixed
growing together, only this species, about there are 200 plants on
this place, and every one plant all with a doubled-spathe. I have never
before been so different as this condition of Arisaema, I am sorry I
cannot find any information concerning the double-spathe on my all
of the books... :-(

I will be very interested in your ideas, would you be able to spare a
few minutes to advise me something about it? or provide some
information to me?