Re: Introduction and E. pinnatum

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Introduction and E. pinnatum
  • From: Adam Black <paleoart@digital.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:10:56 -0500 (CDT)

Julius Boos wrote:

> .... and hope that it encourages other 'lurkers' (we know that you all
>are out
> there!!!) to 'come
> out'!!

Ok, I will quit lurking and introduce myself as well!!!  My primary aroid
interests are unusual Anthuriums first and foremost,  and to a slightly lesser
extent Philodendrons, and other vining or epiphytic aroids. I would be very
interested in any sources of  unusual Anthuriums for sale or trade - seed,
seedlings, cuttings, or plants

I have enjoyed being a lurker on this list for a few months now, and have
learned a lot. The recent discussion of the identity of the Fairchild
Monstera/Rhaphidophora has been very interesting. I have seen this plant before
at Fairchild and I was fascinated with it.

I feel stupid asking this question, but I need to know if I am overlooking
something. A while back I recieved  cuttings of Epipremnum pinnatum from a
friend and all attempts to root them have failed. Some philodendron cuttings
rooted at the same time under the same conditions rooted fine. I have tried
various media (soil, perlite, water), with no results.  The stems are now
starting to look dessicated, even the ones in plain water, but they are not
rotting. I have rooted many cuttings of Philodendrons, Monstera, Syngonium and
E. aureum with no problems and this is really bugging me. Just wanted to
know if
there was some special requirement for E. pinnattum that I don't know about, or
are they just a lot more difficult than E. aureum? Oh well!

Thanks!

Adam Black