IAS show and Sale

The annual International Aroid Society show and sale will be held at
Fairchild Tropical Garden September 23-24. This will be an exciting event
with loads of fantastic plants to view or buy, the launch of Deni Bown's
"Aroids" revision, a magnificent book and a must-have for virtually all of
us, and a fabulous banquet followed by a slide talk given by Dr. Symon Mayo
of Royal Botanic Garden Kew. Mayo has worked for many years studying the
aroids of Brazil, so his presentation should be very informative. In addtion
to Dr. Mayo, there will be several other aroid reseachers present including
Peter Boyce (Kew), Tom Croat (MO) and Josef Bogner (Munich). With this kind
of line-up you can't fail to attend!!!

For those of you thinking about planning a trip, many aroiders traveling from
distant places generally camp out at the Kendall Ramada (sometimes also
listed as the Dadeland Mall Ramada), which is very close to Fairchild. We
don't have a block of rooms reserved but you can generally get discount
prices online for this hotel and many others in the area.

Hope you all can come!

Donna Atwood

 >Thanks for jolting me into action...my participation in the list is long
 >BTW, is everybody planning on being at the Aroid show at Fairchild in

 What are the dates?

 jack in Oregon